Who We Are
- A national, non-profit association for Chief Administrative Officers, City/Town Managers and Senior Local Government Managers from all parts of Canada, with a goal to support you in your drive to excel as a leader in the ever-changing environment of a Canadian community.
- Municipalities large and small, rural and urban.
- Membership fees start as low as $270.00 per year (and are currently 50% off for your first year).
Why Join CAMA?
Professional Development You’re Looking For
- Member rate on the Annual Conference featuring world-class, expert speakers, and unparalleled learning opportunities tailored to Canadian municipal administrators. We design our program to respond to your interests, whether you’re a newly minted CAO or a well-seasoned veteran. Check out the latest planning news for our Gatineau Conference here.
- Gain insight into issues that matter across Canada, and have a voice. We focus on emerging issues and best practices to keep you ahead of the curve.
- Build relationships and build your career.
- Network with peers from across the country, there is a broad range of experience to draw from. (Have a challenge? Someone has faced something similar before!)
- Webinars in partnership with the International City/County Management Association (ICMA).
Focused and practical tools, tailored to municipal administrators.
- Infrastructure Canada Position Paper
- CAO Employment Contract
- CAO Performance Evaluation Toolkit
- Looking for a change in your career? CAMA National Job Scene e-mail broadcast is the go-to place for CAO job openings. Members also receive a discount for job postings.
- Bi-weekly newsletter keeps you on top of Association activities, services and opportunities for the Canadian CAO;
- A significant discount on membership in ICMA.
Recognition For Your Efforts
- Awards Program - receive national and international recognition for innovations.
- Long Services Awards Program that recognizes and celebrates CAMA members’ dedication to public service and municipal management.
Power to Chart the Course of the Organization
As a regular member of CAMA, you can vote on organization business and influence the way we serve our members.
To find out more details about joining the Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators visit this link to complete the on-line registration form.